Saturday, September 3, 2005

Keep'n On Keep'n On

      09:12 PM 8/12/2005       What is making the difference?  My back has not been so bad for the past two days.  I never know what helps; I never know what brings on really "bad days".
    Then, I wonder what is just a coincidence ... and what really makes a difference.
    Ever since a friend "cracked my back" ... my back has been getting better.
 

 

  7:58 PM 8/12/05
     Okay, so why is my back better?


   
1:43 PM 8/13/2005  

   BAD ... MY BACK WAS BAD!   ABOUT 6 A.M. ...Ouch I couldn't find any position in bed that brought comfort; I didn't feel able to get OUT of bed.

 

  11:47 PM 8/14/2005      

 R & R time ... with the emphasis upon relaxation!  

 

 8:23 AM 8/15/2005
     The pain is not as bad as yesterday morning, but, it is definately a pain (4), not an ache.  I rubbed on some liniment.  I'm going to take 2 Excedrine Migraine & toddle back to bed.  I cannot stand up straight; the pain is mostly just above the beltline.

 

  7:04 PM 8/15/05
     How am I ever to get anything done?  I have a great list of things to do around the place ... esp. before Maggie gets here tomorrow.  As soon as I get onto my feet, my back hurts.  I force myself to do a little bit, sitting down while working, if possible.  Now, AGAIN, it is imperative that I take another break.  The center of my back feels broken.  I already had some pain pills, liniment, and will take another drink to loosen my back ....
 

 

6:56 PM 8/21/05
    Right now, this is as good as my back has felt for more than a month.  I did mostly sit this afternoon ...  some walking.
     The achy-pain is not severe, and is in my neck & shoulders, from my shoulder blades & up.
 


7:52 AM 8/22/05
     FINALLY ... a good night's sleep! I woke up just after six, and it took me this long to actually get in commotion.  My back hurt above the shoulder-blade area ... a sharp PAIN ... not an ACHE.  When lying on my back, it hurt so to try to raise my head ... just like when I had my first whip-lash in 1976.
     As usual, what hurts the worst, eclipses the other problem  areas.  So far this morning, my hip area is not a problem.  My back above the belt-line thru my lower rib area has an extreme tired-ache, as tho I had been working hard.
     I haven't walked around much yet.  I did put some liniment on my neck & the top of my back ... cannot take any pain pills until I am able to make something to eat first.

 

  4:17 PM 8/22/2005
     Coupl'a loud shrieks (then some more) ... something my back hasn't done for several weeks ... a sharp, threatening pain coming from a kinking, shifting just below the beltline on my left side.  I've been sitting at the computer for several hours ... with some running up & down the stairs ... no anything else.
 

 

 11:36 PM 8/28/05
 
    Finally, I re-newed my supply of internal liniment.  I came into the house at dark, laid down to recupperate from a bout of lawn mowing, and developed such a horrible pain that I didn't know if I could get up.
     This past week, my problem area is mostly above my shoulder blades.  I still cannot easily look over my left shoulder.  This is a real nuisance when driving, either backing up or changing lanes.

     I have to devise a chart of scales of pain/discomfort. 
THESE MIGHT BE:
DISCOMFORT
ACHE
PAIN

 
There should be degrees of each, such as:
Somewhat
Annoying
Extreme

       Rolling Eyes

                     I hope to relax my upper back to relieve the pain.  My lower back has an "annoying ache".  At the moment, my lower ribs/above the belt-line are "extreme discomfort".
     Day before yesterday, I got "lifted" ... to crack my upper back, twice ... much "cracking".  It had the result of making me much more enthusiastic and ready to tackle chores.  This is about the third time in the past few months ... seems to promote the want-to-do-something feeling.  Maybe I should just give up and go to a chiropractor ... even if the doctors don't promote that!

     Partly from not having transportation, scheduling problems, I have not been going to my Physical Therapy sessions...Rolling Eyes without them, I might not be as faithful to my excercise regimens as I should, partly because I've been in varying degrees of discomfort/pain.
 


12:15 AM 8/29/05

     I certainly am ... RELAXED.  My "Look-over-the-left-shoulder" is still impaired, my comfort level extremely improved.
 

2:35 PM 8/29/05

     The pain level that I expected from my lawn mowing yesterday is only moderate aching instead of dehibilitating pain.
     My mid back was stiff & very uncomfortable for a while when I first got up, but is not bad now.  Rolling Eyes
     My neck & shoulders are achy, and "crackly", and I still cannot look over my left shoulder because of the pain in my upper back.
     But, my activities so far have been mostly watching the news on T.V. & light kitchen work.
 


12:49 AM 8/30/05
 
     What a wasted day!  I spent most of my day on my back ... in the lounge chair or on the sofa.  Hopefully tomorrow (today)  will be more productive.  I just cannot stand not being able to get things done! Rolling Eyes... do something like some lawn mowing, and spend the next day in bed!
 

 

  7:28 AM 9/2/05
 
     Now that the pain/disability in my upper back/shoulders is not so intense, as I try to get in commotion this morning, my ribs have begun to be a severe ache ... and, my lower back has a dull pain, & is threatening to kink.
 


8:46 AM 9/3/05
Ouch     Good God Gertie ... I cannot believe that my lower back hurts so much this morning!  Upon checking, my upper back still has pain inhibiting turning my neck to the left ... but, when my lower back hurts so much, I don't even notice it!  I would say that my lower back pain is at the level of 8 or 9.  My upper back pain has a 5 or 6 level ... but, the pain of the pain of my upper back overshadows that completely.
 


9:03 AM 9/3/05


     It is necessary to have some food in my stomach before I can take some pain pills ... that means that I have to hobble about the kitchen, unable to stand erect ... to make something to eat so that I can take those pain pills.   Pill  Pill   Pill   Pill
  

 

11:33 AM 9/3/2005    

  FINALLY GOT CAUGHT UP ON THIS ... I hope not to get behind again.

No comments: