Saturday, September 10, 2005

How'm I to get anything done?

11:45 AM 9/8/05
    Since I woke up (which is never the same as "got up"), my back has cycled thru various levels of discomfort ... as described in my previous journal entry.
    I just needed another sofa break ... took four more aspirins .. and am set to wash dishes, have lunch, maybe get the mail ... but, the upper half of my back has a gripping, moderate pain.

1:28 PM 9/8/05
Laundry     I started the dishes & a load of laundry ... sat & ate lunch, walked to the mailbox.  Now, what hurts the worst is my lower back & around my belt-line ... at the severe ache level.  My entire spine has a moderate ache.

12:36 AM 9/9/05
Ouch     At the end of the day, I could do nothing but go lie on the sofa ...when I got up ... it was scarey to feel the aches that wanted to each grip & sieze.
     Now, I've napped a few hours ... will take four aspirins, and some gin to relax my muscles.
      I did not finish my dishes nor my laundry.  I did achieve a goal in my painting project.

9:36 AM 9/9/05
     What a  morning so far!  At 6 a.m., I spent at least half an hour trying to sleep;I couldn't find a comfortable way to lie in bed.  Then, it was another half hour to carefully try to do some of my P.T. excercises ... I could feel the warning twinges to just approximate some of these to a minor degree!
     I made some breakfast, had a drink, had a nap,and drew a bath to soak a while.
     I'll be taking some aspirin.  I had thought to just stick to the aspirin for a few days to see if my blood pressure would come down ... so far, I don't see much difference.
Ouch     I cannot walk upright ... it is dangerous to pick up something off the floor. I am in moderate pain in most areas of my back ... with threatening twinges.

4:33 PM 9/9/05
     I finally got all the kinks out ... was determined "to get something done" ... did some stuff,  PillPillPill  ate more aspirins, had a few drinks to get rid of the kinks ... took a lot of breaks on the sofa.

8:19PM 9/9/05
     Accomplished part of my day's adjenda ... want to quit early so that I can get started earlier tomorrow ... it's to be HOT.

2:24 AM 9/10/05
    I've slept fairly well ... wanted a change of positions so, hopefully, I can sleep the rest of the night.  I again had some aspirins & a drink.  WILL POST THI
S.

                .

No comments: