Friday, September 30, 2005

10:48 AM 9/26/05
     Okay ... loosened up ... getting around pretty well ... had breakfast ... took pills & aspirins, two extra strength Tylanol and two aspirins.  Not hurting too much ... I think I'll start slow by going to get my shopping done.

8:06 PM 9/26/05

     Today, my back felt pretty good (comparatively speaking), with the worst problem area first my lower back, then my rib section.
     I took lots of breaks ... did some scraping, caulking on my paint project.
     When I quit for the day, I decided to have a few drinks to make sure my back didn't tighten up and start cramping.

3:38 AM 9/27/05
     Haven't been able to sleep for over an hour.  I tried doing some loosening up excercises, mostly for my neck & the top of my back.  I cannot walk upright.  Usually that is because of my lower back ... right now, it is my lower ribs again.  They keep kinking when I move.  I just now tried to look over my left shoulder; my neck did not cause bad pain, but, I got a severe twinge in my left lower ribs.  They haven't bothered me a lot for many weeks.
     I just took four more aspirins ... will try to get back to sleep.  Maybe I will putz at the computer a while.

8:11 AM 9/27/05
     I did sleep for several more hours ... taking three Ibuprophen.  There is only moderate discomfort.  Maybe it helped to get up and move around in the middle of the night ... and ... have a big hot milk & gin....

11:54 PM 9/27/05
    Four more aspirins ... been mostly working at the computer ...  put on lots of liniment again.  Now, I'm going outside to do some scraping/caulking.  Those activities mostly involve standing and not much walking or bending or heavy work. 

4:00 PM 9/27/05
     I needed an hour sofa time.  I just took two extra strength Tylanol and two aspirins ... and am going back outside for an hour to paint & caulk.

8:07 AM 9/28/05
     I spent many hours on the computer last night ... hope to get back to sleep for a while.  My left side, especially my left hip is in real pain.  No way can I stand up straight!
      My neck area has pain ... esp on the left side.  I just about couldn't pick up something off the floor just now.
      I just took two extra strength Tylanol and two aspirins ... and am going back to bed.   

5:12 PM 9/28/05
     Four more aspirins and retreat to the sofa for a while...  I just finished the dishes & cleaning the kitchen ... nothing strenuous.  My lower back really hurts, my ribs are aching slightly, and my neck area really hurts, too.

3:50 AM 9/29/05
     I hope that I can get back to sleep.  I just had three aspirins just to help me sleep.  I did spend a lot of time sitting or lying before bedtime ... had a stiff drink ... slept soundly for a while.  NOW, my back has only moderate discomfort instead of the pain that woke me up the previous night.

10:43 AM 9/29/05
     I DID IT ... got back to sleep ... several times, actually.  Finally got loosened up enough to GET UP about ten o'clock.
    I have a moderate amount of pain & stiffness in my lower back.  Again, I found out that I'd better not try to pick somethingup off the floor for a while yet.    I can roll my head around with practically no discomfort.
     I feel ambitious.  That's the signal that my back isn't as bad as usual.  I'll finish my breakfast and take three Ibuprophen and an aspirin.... that should get me off to a good start on the day! 

09:03 AM 9/29/05
     Going to bed early, with some aspirins and a hot gin drink ... my back doesn't really hurt much ... but, I definately overdid it ... wanted to work outside on caulking until dark.  I did rest on the sofa off & on ... but, now, my back is giving me the signals that it wants to start cramping up... thence the gin ... and lots of liniment, too!

                     

No comments: