Sunday, October 2, 2005

 

Upper Peninsula, MI  CLICK HERE and beyond

That is my other Journal ... this Journal is just to keep a back log to print out for my doctor......

9:45 AM 9/30/05
     Have been up for an hour & a half ... my left hip is the worst problem.  I cannot stand up straight ... and had to explain to the cats that I couldn't feed them because I couldn't bend down enough to pick up their dish ... later ... as soon as I loosen up.
    The past few days, another problem has returned ...  I have been getting leg cramps, mostly when I am lying down.
     I don't have a lot of really bad pain, except my hip now, my spine & neck have like muscle pain when I move around.
     If I heed my inner hint ... which is: I feel ambitious ... that usually means that I'll feel pretty good for a while!

10:39 AM 9/30/05
     Just took two extra strength Tylanol and two aspirins.  My hip just won't loosen up or quit hurting.

4:40 PM 9/30/05
     DAMN!  I cannot stand the pain; I must go lie down.  I just took another extra-strength Tylanol to go with the three aspirins that I took two hours ago. 
     I was so full of ambition ... didn't do anything strenuous.  I made a trip to town to get some more caulk and a paint-remover tool that goes in the electric drill so I don't have to scrub the siding with the paint scraper.
    I did that and some caulking, just standing on the ground .... NOW .... my lower back is in such awful pain.  I may regret my decision not to buy another bottle of gin!

8:42 PM 9/30/05
     OWIE ... WOWIE ... !  I did go outside to do some more caulking & painting ... tried to do as much of it sitting down as I could.
    Then, some must do things like change the kitty pan ... feed the cats, etc. 
    My kitchen mess is going to have to wait until tomorrow!  Even lying on the sofa, my lower back was  in extreme pain ... an 8 or so.  I HAD to get up ... forgot to get my milk out of the car ... AND ... I'm hungry have to make a quick supper.

8:56 AM 10/1/05
     BETTER... better than yesterday, tho.  I did get up a few more times during the nite ... I did squeeze the last few shots out of the gin bottle before bed ...
     I woke up about two hours ago.  I was able to do a few loosening up exercises; the pain level certainly is not as great as yesterday!
    I even was able to feed the cats & geese ... did a tidying up of the horrible kitchen mess (making apple juice & supper).
    Going to take three aspirins ... eat a banana ... breakfast will have to wait until the next time that I get up.

4:58 PM 10/1/05
     I've had a medley of activities, from talking on the phone, watching T.V., and scraping old paint & caulking on the exterior of the house.  Whenever possible, I sat on my stool; I did not use any ladders today.
     For a while, my lower back caused a retreat.  I had my back cracked, took four aspirins ... and a break, then felt okay enough to resume.
     Now, two extra duty Tylanol, and a sofa break.

5:01 AM 10/2/05
     Oh, for some gin ... I've been awake for two hours, trying to get past the pain to loosen up my back.  Pain causes more tightness; tightness causes more pain.  The gin relaxes me and breaks that cycle.
     The problem areas are my lower rib section, and the base of my neck. Tho the pain level is only a seven, it is the gripping muscle aches when I move that make me miserable.  Sometimes, when I wake up, I am afraid to move.
    Well, now that I'm loosened up some, I'll have three aspirins and try to get back to sleep.
     My activities after my last entry included more caulking and scraping on the house ... make supper ... tho I left my kitchen mess for tomorrow, again.

11:05 AM 10/2/05
     I wanted to "get to work" on the caulking sooner ... didn't yet ... I'm just sitting down to eat brunch ...
     I cleaned up the dishes, mixed up kitty food, made some phone calls ...
     The hours that I spent in the middle of the night loosening up resulted in getting off to an easier start this a.m.  Mostly what I've felt this a.m. is minor aches & pains in my lower back and shoulders.
     I feel ambitious ... that's a good sign.  I had three Ibuprohen earlier, am going to take three aspirins now. ... then GO TO DO SOME MORE SCRAPING & CAULKING:

 

SEE MY OTHER JOURNAL FOR PHOTOS:

Upper Peninsula, MI  CLICK HERE and beyond

 

No comments: