Thursday, October 20, 2005

Some GOOD, Some BAD

11:05 AM 10/15/05
     It certainly feels strange not to have so much back pain!
     I was awake many times  thru the nite (I think that these injections make me have to visit the bathroom more often).  BUT,  I did get a lot of sleep; my last sleep was til after 10 am.
     I do have a gripping ache in my lower back that prompts me to not stand up straight ... but, it seems that partly, I'm used to stooping over when my back hurts ... like a habit ... so it's partly out of habit.
     Just sitting here at the computer, my mid-back & ribs have a moderate soreness ... not really a pain.
     I can roll my head around all directions and look over both shoulders with no pain.  That neck pain had mysteriously disappeared by itself, after two days of especially vegging out ...  BEFORE the injections.

12:01 PM 10/15/05
     This discomfort that I had this morning feels more of a residual sensation than real pain.  Perhaps, each morning I will still have an hour or so of loosening up ... to feel at my best?
     I do feel quite ambitious ... that's always a good sign!

2:29 PM 10/15/05
     Still perking along, doing some light housework ... no major discomfort.  Just took three aspirins; feel like a short sofa break so that I don't over-do it.

12:06 PM 10/16/05
     I feel so strange, not having severe pain or muscle aches.  That is giving me a restless feeling; I'm not used to being ambitious so much.  I had trouble getting to sleep last nite... slept late, then did some computer stuff.
     There are residual aches ... not real pain.  Knowing that this improvement began BEFORE my injections, I'm wondering how long this relief will last?

9:20 AM 10/17/05
      It is rare that I can feel ambitous so early in the day.  I had a good nite's sleep, and, getting loosened up wasn't as much of a problem as usual.
    
3:45 PM 10/17/05
     My back is still feeling better ... perhaps the injections (lumbar facets) are helping?  I'm still not sure what had caused the mysterious improvement BEFORE that. I'm afraid to hope that it would continue.  I am being careful not to over-do it, and still am going to take occasional sofa-breaks to KEEP from getting sore.

11:04 AM 10/20/05
      I've been busy ... whether at the computer, or at my house painting.  Each evening, I went to bed early, because my back was very uncomfortable, and I didn't want to abuse it.  I was out of gin; I have been using it to relax my back in such situations so as to KEEP it from cramping.  The next best thing was to go lie down and try to relax.  That meant that I woke up in the middle of the nite, and cannot get back to sleep.   Now, I am building up a sleep deficit.
     Last nite, I took quite a few doses of Aleve and of aspirins.  Several times, I had a charlie-horse in my right foot and leg.
     This morning, I had a dull, gripping ache across my lower back.  My neck/shoulder pain has not returned ... that's a mystery.  My upper back may sometimes be a little stiff/sore ... but, not too bad.
     RIGHT NOW:  I'm feeling ambitious (a good sign) ... and most of my lower back discomfort has left.

7:21 PM 10/20/05
Ouch      ooooooOOOOWWWIE! ... NOW I DID IT!  RUIN'T MY BACK FOR SURE.   I wanted to finish some painting ... kept at it too long ... didn't take enough breaks!
      I just had one extra strong Tylanol and three aspirins.  I'm afraid to sit down too long, or I may never get back up again.  I for sure am headed to the grocery store first to get some "internal liniment" ... gin.
     That's the problem when I have a good day and my back doesn't hurt:  I am so behind on everything that I try to catch up and overdo it!
     The gin will relax my back and keep the tension from causing more pain ... because pain causes my muscles to tighten up and that causes MORE pain ... which causes MORE tightness ... then more PAIN ... etc.

Cooking Dinner10:07 PM 10/20/05
     My supper is ready; I've had my warm milk/gin drinks ...  Coffee 2  ... hoping that I can get my back to quit bothering me and get caught up on my sleep.  I  am leaving so much housework undone.

No comments: