Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Backache is back.

    6:00 AM 10/21/05
     Had a good sleep; I'm going back to bed with some more Aleve and some liniment of both kinds. My lower back has moderate pain; my whole spine up to my neck has severe aching when I try to flex & move it.  I'm walking bent over again; I hope that this goes away.  It was so nice to have some days with minimum discomfort.

11:25 AM 10/21/05
     I did get back to sleep.  My back is happier now.  I'm feeling ambitious ... will try not to over-do it again!
     I took three aspirins.

2:46 PM 10/21/05
     I took three aspirins.  Must finish my project.  My back is co-operating.  My project involves no great physical effort ...  just something else than lying on the sofa.

7:14 PM 10/21/05
     Relaxed I am.  Done I am not.  I must tend to my pets.  I am warming up a supper.  I finished my outside project ... impending bad weather dictated extra effort.
     Relaxed means that my back will not threaten me; I can finish my most important chores ... but ... much will have to wait until tomorrow ... as usual.    That means that tomorrow I start out behind even before I start!
 
   Sofa break ... three more aspirins ... back to caulking.

5:55 AM 10/22/05`
     Cannot sleep for the past few hours ... thinking about the things that I left undone when I pooped out.  I left the partially open paint cans out in the rain.  I did not feed all the kitties.  So ... I am up ... gunta do these things ... hoping that will let me relax and go back to sleep.  I do really want to keep my back relaxed so that it doesn't start the pain cycle again.  I just took three aspirins and a hot milk gin toddy.

In The Garbage   1:23 PM 10/23/05
     Yesterday was cold and rainy ... I got to rest ... didn't do much all day.  I felt tired.
     TODAY ... had some computer work to do ... so have not done much physically yet today.  I had two Aleve about 9 am ... nothing else.
      My aches in my lower back of yesterday have gone away.  There is nearly no discomfort, tho, when I first got up this morning, I couldn't stand up straight. I've been having a problem with my legs & feet cramping in the middle of the night.

Vacuuming   5:36 PM 10/23/05
    It's getting dark; my break is over.  I must go feed my kittens. I ruined my back cleaning up the mess of sawdust & tools in the frontroom and on the deck.  I just couldn't do it sooner; all my available time and energy and back has been directed to gettting the painting done before this wet, rainy spell.
     Three aspirins now.  I rested for more than an hour.  I will need my gin later on, when I get my chores done.

Coffee 2   8:11 PM 10/23/05
 FOUR aspirins!   Some hot toddieS coming up!  There were some emergency things that I just couldn't put off any longer ... In trying to get the painting done ... many things had been let slide!  There are standards of civilized living!  I used to be able to afford ladies to come and help me with my chores ... that is not in the budget anymore.  PRIORITIES ... and, now, I suffer. 
     Forget my rationing the gin until my next Social Security check comes ... my back is kinking and cramping!  BUT ... I did all the above.  There are standards!

Ouch  7:18 PM 10/24/05
     I give up!  I didn't do much today except get caught up on some desk-type stuff, so, I was going to do just a few things around the house, and have a nice hot, soaky bath.  Then I just stared at my to-do list, and instead headed for bed because of my back aching so badly.
     I just took three aspirins and rubbed on some liniment ... no hot toddies.

1:14 AM 10/25/05
     I cannot find a comfortable position in bed.  My legs & feet have been having severe cramping.  My back has been getting worse ever since early last evening.  Now, it isn't just hurting when I'm up or moving ... there is pain just sitting or lying down.
    I just took two Aleve.  I hope to get back to bed and back to sleep.

No comments: