Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I wish I could be lazy!

9:19 AM 10/6/05
    Cold & rainy ... that's never good for aches & pains.  I'm feeling only slightly ambitious and still have some threatening twinges in my left, lower ribs ... severe aches in my lower back, and a slight ache in my neck.
Tired     I slept poorly last night, but, had gone to bed early.  I do feel short of sleep, tho.

Ouch  5:35 PM 10/6/05
    I had a carpenter here to do some major repair on my house today. Hammering It was necessary to assist by getting tools, providing extra hands ... nothing heavy.  I had to retreat to the sofa several times.  Pain pills didn't help.  I would lean upon something, and not be able to disengage myself to move out the way, even.  Eventually, I hit the gin bottle big time.  That did relax me.  I fell asleep early, but woke up in the middle of the night, and couldn't get back to sleep, because I had important things left undone, and couldn't make myself get up to do them ... like feed the kittens, and bring in my flowers so they wouldn't freeze.  So, now, I'm short of sleep again .... BUT ... tho my back is stiff and somewhat sore, I am walking upright, and the pain level is only moderate ... NOT incapacitated as I had expected!  GIN?  It seems to be the common denominator.

11:17 PM 10/7/05
     I DID IT ... I DID IT!  Although I hadn't wanted to get into the same problem as last night, when I couldn't sleep most of the night because I hadn't finished some important chores ... THERE WERE SOME THAT I HADN'T FINISHED.
     So now, I scolded myself into getting the last of the plants covered or brought in.  The kitchen doesn't look too bad ... AND, I EARNED THE RIGHT TO GO TO BED!
     I fell asleep on the sofa again, and my back hurt so much that I didn't think that I'd get myself dragged up to finish my tasks ....
     Now, I put some liniment on, took some more aspirins ... and some gin.  I hope something helps so that I could get back to sleep.

  11:09 AM 10/8/05
     My back is shore getting even with me for forcing it so that I could get my plants all in!  I had started earlier in the day, but, had been able to do a little at a time ... The last plants that I brought in look a little sickly ... but I won (last nite).
     I was up in the middle of the nite for a while hoping that I could keep the stiffness away.  Whatever ... I spent hours in bed this morning getting able to get up.  USUALLY ... I can roll around in bed, to change posititions and get loosened up ... BUT ... NOT THIS MORNING!
     I had to make breakfast to eat so that I could take some aspirin ... I'll have four.  I had a hot milk toddy ... then a coffee toddy ... I think I shall overcome!
     The carpenter is coming later; I am supposed to get some tools, etc. ready.  His son, the hunter, has promised me some venison if he gets one here; the freezer, saws, wrapping, etc. need to be gathered.  The neighbor is gone for the day; I have to drive over to let their dog out.

11:53 AM 10/8/05
    Okay, so I ate ... I think I'll lie down on the sofa for a bit  ... rub some liniment on my neck and back.

Ouch  7:33 APM 10/8/05
     I really ruined my back, nothing strenuous ... just steady, being a carpenter's Gopher ... getting tools, holding things ... etc.  Several times, I had to retreat to the sofa when my back got so bad that I couldn't even set something down onto the floor, or reach for something.
    Lots of internal and external liniment, and Ibuprophen and aspirins.

5:12 PM 10/9/05
     FOUR ASPIRINS ... have to drag myself outside ... need to finish a few things before dark.  Not hurting just too much, but, my lower back is getting that severe, gripping ache that is hard to ignore.

  2:13 AM 10/11/05
     I guess I'll survive ... kinda overdid it again!  I started out slowly, doing "sitting down jobs", until  late morning.  My goal was to finish painting the  back of the house.  Then, the carpenter came, and, I had to be gopher for several hours first. 
     I had to take several breaks when my back (mostly lower) got too bad.  I had to force myself to finish the painting.  Some of it I could do while sitting on my stool.
     Thank heavens the carpenter helped by getting my plants dragged in.  My last chore, to feed my pets ... used up all my GO.  I just had to force myself and lean upon my walking stick, and not move very fast.
     Now, after a nap on the sofa, this change of position ... sitting at the computer ... should help me sleep better.  I have an EARLY morning appointment "tomorrow".
     I took several stiff drinks to loosen up my back muscles about 7 p.m. .... now, I have another.  I'm eating my supper now, couldn't before for the pain. 
     My left hip has severe pain and I cannot walk upright.


My regular Journal ... (click  Upper Peninsula, MI and beyond  here)

No comments: