Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Progress = Pain

Ouch3:42 PM 9/13/05
     Oh My God ... Owie ... Defeat!

     Earlier, I had a welcome phone call that signified that I will be getting out-of-state company to help with the painting project....

     This prompted a spat of cleaning.  Since I was already behind from yesterday, being physically unable to even clean up my dishes/supper mess, etc .... I tried to catch up.  BAD CHOICE!  
Washing Dishes      All this meant was to finish a kitchen mess, lots of dishes ... mop up a spill, bag some cluttter ...
     Now ... Owww ...Ouch
SO ... I had to abandon several precepts.  I took three extra strength Excedrin.  Coffee 2   I mixed a giant gin/milk drink.  I took a sofa break.
      I made the rule that I'm not supposed to drink during the day ... and,  not supposed to drink when I'm planning upon climbing the ladder, etc.   OH ... WELL!
     I'm sure that some doctor somewhere might be persuaded to prescribe a "muscle relaxant" ... but, I prefer to avoid drugs.  Gin works wonderfully ... I don't want that to become addictive.  What is addictive is the relief that it brings.   The side effect is that it may hamper the safety of projects on the adjenda .... so ....
     The break & the gin did achieve relief ...

5:56 PM 9/13/05
     Oh, well ... my "medicine" did work ... I'm relaxed ... I do not hurt.  I've been caulking, repairing the old siding.  Not strenuous by any stretch of the imagination.
     Earlier today, I called on a part time job ... I'm SO BROKE! .... It's not going to work.  I still have my CDL (comercial drivers license).  I love to drive.  I am on  Social Security Disability because I have physical disablilties.  I am worse than broke.  I am in the red.  This job was just on call for driving a rural mail route on an "occasional substitute".  I have a large "reliable car".  I could endure "lifting, one time, at least two 50 pound trays of mail per route".  I could manage driving a mail route.  WHAT I CANNOT ENDURE IS "two hours on my feet sorting mail" per route.  SORRY.... CANNOT DO!
     It is cloudy and threatening.  I am physically OKAY.  I must keep on working so that I can take advantage of being "physically OKAY".

10:46 PM 9/13/05
     After a very long nap ... I had laid down because I was in pain (& agony) ... I woke up because of pain, mostly in my neck & shoulders.  I worked it a bit loose ... hope to get back to sleep.  It certainly helps to keep my back relaxed.

Counting Sheep

No comments: