Monday, September 26, 2005

The Easy Solution!

9:28 PM 9/22/05
     PAIN ... with a capitol "P" ...  It's going to frost tonight, so I HAD to get my flowers covered, and my hanging baskets brought in.  I came in to take a break and four aspirins ... MUST  GO GET THE REST IN! 
     If I had some gin ... this is when I would take some ... when my back muscles hurt so much and need to be loosened up.

10:47 AM 9/23/05
     There, several hours of lying down, watching the T.V. news, and checking the internet does wonders for my back.  A few hours ago, my back, all over, was in various stages of agony ... I could not stand upright.
   I wanted to note that it felt good to use my walking stick then ... in my right hand ... and I would mostly be leaning to the left.
    Earlier ... I took two 12-hour Aleve, and two aspirins ... wishing I'd had the muscle-relaxant!
    Right now, my back has moderate pain in the lower back ... I can ALMOST stand up straight ... and my upper back has severe muscle aches/pains.   But, improved from several hours ago!

1:20 PM 9/23/05
     There now ... that's GREAT.... I didn't do much so far today .... just finished an hour's soak, lying in a nice hot bath ....
      My back feels GREAT ... I feel ambitious (that's a subconscious feeling I've learned to recognize) ... and I just put my painting shirt on.

11:01 PM 9/24/05

     Time for my last 12 hour Aleve and some aspirins...  Didn't do too much today so far ... am going to do some caulking & scraping.

4:23 PM 9/24/05
     After a couple of breaks, my lower back is still hurting a lot.  I just took my last two Extra Strength Excedrin and some aspirins ... time for another sofa break.

10:53 PM 9/25/05
     Here's the solution to the whole back problem ... just lay around on the sofa watching T.V. all day ... maybe spend some time on the computer ...  and do very little else ... not even much walking around ... MY BACK FEELS BETTER THAN I CAN REMEMBER FOR A LONG TIME!

8:38 AM 9/26/05
    I slept like a log last nite ... woke about six from the pain ... afraid to move.  Eventually, I changed positions and spent several hours gradually trying to get loosened up. That's the problem with a good nite's sleep.  I think I slept so well because I had a nitecap last evening.
     Now, it feels like I've been in a bad fight.  I'm moving around, even standing fairly erect ... but, severe aches & muscle pains ... even when not standing or walking.
     As usual ... now, I have some of yesterday's tasks to tend to besides today's tasks.  I had put off driving about a forty minute drive to do some shopping ... I will do that as soon as possible.

     Of course ... I haven't taken any aspirin yet ... I cannot take them on an empty stomach ...and I've got to feel good enough to make breakfast first.

No comments: