Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Owie!

 

12:27 AM 8/10/2005

    P.S.  Still need to finish some important bookkeeping; opted to NOT take the Tylenol PM ... took instead 2 12 hour Aleve, 2 aspirins, 2 cans of beer.

 

7:35 PM 8/10/05
     Oh ... oh ... I've really done it this time! I didn't hurt much while recovering on the sofa ... but, when I got up to make supper ... WOW ... real PAIN!  I'm hungry ... don't know how I'm going to be able to make supper.  BUT ... I'm afraid to go lie down again ... 'cause I may not be able to get up again for a long time.
     Here I am, out of gin, only beer, which I usually don't drink.  I took 3 heavy-duty Excedrin; going to apply a stick-on pain patch & some liniment.
     I did stay up most of the night finishing some important bookwork.  I had to get my car fixed today ... and had a lot of rushing around getting ready to leave to do that.  But, since about 2:00 this afternoon, for about four hours, I just sat going over that bookwork.  Then, I laid in my car for half an hour ...  and came in the house and laid on the sofa for an hour and a half.

7:59 PM 8/10/05
     I put the pain patch on my left hip/back.  I took a small towel and soaked it with wintergreen rubbing alcohol.  Then, I fastened it on my back to my bra, covered it with plastic, and tied it on with an ace bandage.  I rubbed liniment on my neck, shoulders, and back rib area.

     Once I go lie down ... I hope I can get it up again.

10:32 PM 8/10/05
     Okay, I had something to eat; still afraid to lie down .... but ... it's time for bed. My pain has subsided after my "treatments".  Maybe I can get some rest now.

No comments: