Sunday, March 5, 2006

Traveling pain

I hope that I'll soon be sleeping soundly; I took two PM pain tablets plus two aspirins.
 
     I did dishes & a lot of cleaning in the kitchen this afternoon ... my mid back is really bothering me.  I guess that's a good sign.  Whatever is the worst, that's what I feel. After contemplating, I decided that my total, overall pain level has dropped considerably.
    But, the stiffness/soreness and resultant pain travel across my back ... whatever is the worst sore spot is what I'll be concentrating on.
     THE FOLLOWING IS A COPY OF PREVIOUS BACKlog.:
7:25 AM 3/3/2006
     Yesterday afternoon, I had an appointment at the Pain Clinc.  I had more of the "lumbar facets", which are steroid injections into the joints of the spine.
     I didn't tell him that I'd been going to the chiroproctor; most doctors will not advocate that. 
     My back wasn't bothering me much when I went in; but, I thought that I could tell them I'd felt some improvement at the time I left.
     However, my upper back was really bothering me ... and during the night, my lower back was hurting moderately ... enought to keep me from wanting to get up.
     Next week, I have another chiropractor appointmen (I can only get 18 per year on my medical card.
     At the Pain Clinic, the doctor said thatafter two weeks, I could come in for injections in my upper back.  I might just do that.
     Overall, my back is not giving me the extreme pain levels that I used to  have ... but, I've been housebound with the snowy winter, and spending a lot of time sitting or lying anyways ... which isn't giving me enought excercise for my weight problem & my heart & my back muscles.  The doctors have been fussing at me to do my excersizes.
     My upper back is getting tight & very sore now.  The cold weather doesn't help that.  My lower back ... I'll have to pay attention so that I can assess the effects of those injections that I had yesterday.  Those quick, painful twinges still happen in my lower back, on the left side near my hip. That's all I need is a problem with my hips now.

No comments: