Tuesday, March 28, 2006

DAMN ... it hurts!

When I fed the deer today ... it was a slow, laborious trek ... with my walking stick ... walking slowly, all hunched over.

     Yesterday, I forced myself to do a major cleaning under the basement steps ... the kitty pan area ... it was a must do project sadly overdue.  Several times, I just had to time-out & sit down a while.

      It took all nite, lots of internal & external liniment to get over the pain.  In the morning, walking was a slow, miserable process for a long time.  I kept trying to consciously lower my shoulders & relax my back.  I did a little more cleaning & housework ... nothing major.  In the afternoon, I felt a bit better, then walked around, putting a few maple syrup taps in some trees near the house.

     When I came in, I had much gin, forced myself to lock up the basement, feed the deer, eat a microwave dinner ... and retreat to the lounge chair ... "QUIT FOR THE DAY!"

     Now, more gin, a little aspirin ... because I woke up not being able to find a comfortable position in bed.  Just the trip downstairs to the bathroom, etc. was a real chore.

     I have an appointment at the chiropractor ... today ... and tomorrow will get some more facets (steroid injections) in my upper back on the next day.  I have to check with the chiropractor to see how many visits I've had; I'm only allowed 18 per year!

No comments: