Monday, April 10, 2006

DAMN

 WHAT HURTS?

OR

WHAT DOESN'T HURT?

 

     My back is so miserable.  I had to drive to town; I returned with a bottle of gin.  I have been eating aspirins non-stop since last evening.  I had run out of gin.  I used lots of liniment.

     I HAD to go to Crystal Falls.  I returned with  a bottle of GIN.  Life-giving GIN.  GIN relaxes my back.  It is my "internal liniment".  I have  used it with much success since my first back problems in 1976.  I dislike "drugs". I trust aspirin & gin.  Natural. Predictable.

     I don't want to become an alcoholic; I am skeptical of pain killer drugs... even just the side effects of the over-the-counter ones.

     It took me all nite to get a grip on  my back pain from gathering maple sap yesterday.  It took several hours this morning to get in gear to (grumpily) get to the monthly food pantry.

     The sun is out; that means I can  anticipate making the tour of the woods to gather sap.  That statement does not factor in my extreme non-fit physical condition, nor ... the g. damn hill to contend with.

    If anyone cares ... my kitchen is a wreck.  Every big pot is sticky or full.  Two have an inch of embedded carbon crust.  The stove is a disaster area.  The cupboards are sticky.  All the potholders are sticky.  The floor is sticky.  I SHIVE A GIT!

     The season for gathering sap is limited; TODAY I must gather some more.  The hill is what makes it extreme.

   WHY?

I USTA.

SO ... WHY?

BEATS ME.

    

    

No comments: