Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Now ... this REALLY hurts!

9:00 PM 6/30/06

     I started out this day rather slowly; I had a big project on the computer that took several hours.  I did some kitchen projects ... cooking  cleaning.  I sorted clothes ... altogether nothing very strenuous.
     Late in the day, I did spend some time outside, weed wacking & watering.  I made sure not to do too much.
     My back is loose, only mild aching. I have had some aspirins & some gin ... have been sitting in the lounge chair.

5:02 PM 7/1/06
    
     Another busy day where I didn't do much of anything important ... no outside projects ... just putzing .... GUESS WHAT????  MY BACK FEELS GREAT!!!!  Now, if I could just afford a someone to do my projects around here!   I haven't even gotten around to resuming my housepainting from last fall.

8:04 AM 7/2/06

     Last night, I tried doing a second shift to finish a small project ... kept at it until after midnight ... finally quit when it sounded like too much work to go down to the basement to get a larger drill bit.

     I fell asleep on the sofa, slept well, just got up now.  It took some time rolling around to different positions & stretching everything to want to stand up.  It was a real chore to take the dog outside; I'm going to have to go lie down for a while yet.
     My left hip has moderate pain; I cannot stand upright.  My lower ribs, esp. on the left, have slight pain.  The base of my neck is more of a discomfort.  My mid back, just below the ribs & the lumbar region are starting to develop real pain as I move.  TIME TO GET BACK TO THE SOFA!

     Maybe, I can force myself to start the coffee pot, first?

3:10 PM 7/2/06

     BREAK TIME AGAIN ... the major things that I did was a sit-down carpentry project and sort out a drawer of papers ... NOW ... my lower back has a lot of pain.
     I took some aspirin, having a gin drink, and will put on some lininment and sit back in the lounge chair for a while ...

2:09 PM 7/5/06

     WOW ... DID I EVER RUIN MY BACK YESTERDAY !!!!  All I did was to go to a Fourth of July celebration.  There, all I did was to walk around and sit a lot here & there.  I came home early because my back was bothering me.  I laid down for a while, and, because there was no point in trying to do anything ... I went outside to sit an watch some friends who came over to construct their hunting blind.  At dusk, I decided that I just wasn't up to driving over to Alpha to see their fireworks display!

     Instead, I fell soundly asleep until 5:30 this morning, then, went back to another sound sleep until 9!

    All that I accomplished so far all day was to get the dishes caught up.

    My mid & lower back has such extreme pain that I have no hope of trying to do too much today.  

     I have been wondering if those steroid injections (lumbar facets) have worn off???  Also, I was wondering if the new & not very delightful problem with my right shoulder & arm (weakness & pain) would be from a pinched nerve?  From my base-of-neck pains???

 

No comments: