Saturday, July 15, 2006

Ups & Downs

5:19 PM 7/5/06

     Okay ... so I had a bad yesterday & today with my back ... so ... I am now relaxed with some gin ... GUESS WHAT?  My back pain is mostly gone.

11:46 AM 7/6/06

      OH WELL ... I slept well last night, but, have had a really hard time getting in gear today.  Thank God that I had some leftover coffee ... I just couldn't even bring myself to make a pot of coffee right away.

     Slowly, I am getting loosened up ... I even made breakfast & did a few things on the computer.

     I made a grocery list; I'm going to town as soon as I can psych myself into getting ready. 
     OUTSIDE WORK?  Not right now.  Later,I have to at least get the water hose going to water my plants & flowers.

    What hurts is mainly my mid & lower back ... making me think that my guess that my lumbar facets have worn off IS CORRECT!  Maybe ... if I tell the doctor (my appointment's in two weeks), he will schedule me differently for the NEXT appointment.

     OR, I haven't had the injections into my upper back for quite a while ... maybe I'll have to add these?

     UP & ATT'UM ....

8:10 PM 7/6/06

     ALMOST DONE ... ALMOST DONE FOR.  I just have one more thing to do up by the shed, then I'd better quit for the day.  I had wanted to do a little more planing on my new screen door so that it fits ... BETTER WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW!

     Then, I just have to bring the dog in & turn the water hose off.

     I'll change clothes ... maybe take a shower (which I hate)  & heat up my supper (prepared).  I'll settle back with the phone or whatever.

    My lower back is in real agony.  All day today, I had to force myself to do anything.  I just took four more aspirins ... have been sipping on some gin.  I think that I will call the pain clinic tomorrow to see if I can get an appointment SOONER!

8:40 AM 7/7/06

     For hours last night, my shoulder hurt, my lower back hurt, & I just couldn't get sleepy.  I think I may have slept a little bit about 7 am.

    Now, I am not able to walk upright yet ... some friends are coming over to work on their camper ... I have to try to look alive.

12:41 PM 7/8/06

     My "lumbar region" is a real problem right now. The most strenuous thing that I did so far today was to sand a door.  I didn't work outside, or walk much, or wash dishes ... here my lower back is in extreme pain & has that dreaded "gonna kink if you just move a muscle" feeling.

     Monday ... I can hardly wait until Monday!  I have an appointment with the chiropractor, & the doctor from the pain clinic is to call to discuss planning for the next series of "lumbar facets" (injections).

2:41 AM 7/15/06

     I should have been writing here; my back has had so many drastic changes this past week. 

     I did make it until my chiropractor appointment ... the day AFTER that my back started to feel a little better, but I still made the appointment for another series of lumbar facets next week.  It seems as tho the others had "worn off" at the end of June.

     I had two really bad days in the middle of theweek, with the pain at the base of my neck returning.  Yesterday, Friday, I felt well enough to do some more weed wacking.

     I only did a little late in the afternoon, in two different sessions ... took much aspirins before & after ... then, some gin to relax my back.

     I headed for the sofa, and didn't do any housework, just quit for the day.  There is much discomfort, mostly in my mid & upper back now ... which is probably what woke me up.

  L o i s
Upper Peninsula, MI and beyond (my journal)

No comments: