Friday, November 11, 2005

Who's Gonna Du'it?

3:14 AM 11/7/05

    I've spent several hours trying to loosen up, trying to find a comfortable position in bed.  My mid-section/rib area has pain; for a while, between my shoulder blades hurt, too.  AGONY would aptly describe my situation.
     I just took three more aspirins.  I slept pretty soundly for quite a few hours when I first laid down early last evening.  I left my dishes & cooking mess all over the kitchen; a pile of laundry on the floor, on its way to the washer.  This means that before I can attend to anything for the day when I finally get up in the morning, I have to finish yesterday's unfinished work!

8:55 AM 11/11/05
     That was an excruciating 45 minutes!  I made up a to-do-list while still in bed ...

PUT ON MY BOOTS
START COFFEE POT
SOAK DISHES IN SINK
TAKE PILLS
FEED CATS & DOGS

     I really had to talk myself thru finishing this list ... took four aspirins, rubbed some liniment on mylower back.  While still in bed, my right hip had hurt worse ... when up ... my left hip hurt worse ... making it impossible to reach something on the floor or walk upright.  The rest of my back is stiff & sore ... but, with the other pain ... I don't really notice it.
     The problem is that with the weather forcast, there is some minor touch-up painting to do (some I can even do sitting down) ... the other stuff can wait if it must, except for the caulking.  The afternoon will be short ... I must lie down again and rest up for it.
     When I was working (towards the end, my bad knee made me a cripple) ... I could afford several ladies several times a week to help me with these things ... now, I cannot.

     My laptop computer isn't as accessible; I haven't been making as many entries.

No comments: