Friday, February 29, 2008

Still winter for a while

11:31 AM 2/23/2008

     I've spent too much time at the computer this morning ... I am in agony.  That is one less job I'd be able to do ... anything at the computer or even at a desk.
    Physical-activity jobs, which I used to love ... are also out of the question.
    I thought that doing crafts would get me some extra money ... but, that doesn't work for me, either.  No matter what position I try so I can do my crafts, even in the lounge chair ... my back soon starts bothering me.
    I'm so tired of being broke ... thank Heavens for Social Security ... but I earned that the hard way .... keeps me in the game, anyways.
   So, Medicare & my medical cards give me the chance to have treatments that do mitigate the pain & suffering.  I don't have the high level of pain that I lived with since at least the mid-70's.  Aches, agony, & discomfort do punish me for trying to do anything ... but, usually lying down for a while helps.

THESE PAST DAYS:
    I've felt fairly ambitious, which is always a clue that my body isn't hurting that much.  The trouble with that is I get involved with lots of activities (mostly indoor stuff right now) that make sure that I DO start hurting again.
    Most of the last of my Christmas stuff is down, tho, not stored yet.  Since "Valentines Day is my deadline for taking Christmas decorations down." ... I was forced to get that job done.
    SPRING CLEANING ... tho we've have mostly sub-zero weather (mostly at nite) ... maybe that's what's driving this cleaning urge?
     There's plenty of snow yet ... wondering if the amount of snow left will delay the start of my maple syruping, as it did last year?  I'm not looking forward to that project; both of my brush buggies need a mechanic ... cannot afford that ... will have to do it on foot again.

2:58 AM 2/29/2008
     Where do the days & weeks go?  My back has just been bothering me lately ... I MUST make an appointment for my facets!  I did resume going back to the chiropractor. 
   I have the excuse that our weather has been too cold to want to abuse my car trying to start it.
    I've even postponed many doctor appointments.  Missing the weekly chiropractor visits will make me sorry!  Also, I need some injections at the Pain Clinic ... and ...  another clinic for injections in my knee.  The others are mostly just SOP TESTS as part of getting acquainted with my new "regular doctor".

 

My winter project is to read all the books in the Crystal Falls Library on history of the Upper Peninsula.
I have to return a book today.... 


    L o i s 
My webpage: Crystal Falls, MI

My main AOL journal: 

NORTHERN PROVERB:                         

 DON'T EAT YELLOW SNOW!

No comments: